Open a Dutch bank account
A Dutch bank account is necessary for those who are going to work and live in the Netherlands and with income paid in the Netherlands. Not all banks have a physical location in the municipality where you live. Some banks offer online assistance to open a bank account; at other banks you can walk in or make an appointment. You can ask at the information desk to see an advisor.
The following documents are required:
- Valid passport – if you have a residence permit please take along too.
- Proof of address (confirmation of registration from the town hall or a rental contract).
- A letter confirming employment (from employer or a copy of the work contract).
- BSN number
(The bank will require some evidence of income in the form of an employment contract, recent pay slips or a statement of employment benefits. Without any income you will not be allowed to open a banking account. Students should bring proof of enrollment at their university or educational institution)
There are a number of Banks in Zeeuws-Vlaanderen/Zeeland:
- ABN AMRO Bank; website has an English version
- ING Bank; website has an English version
- RABO Bank; website has an English version
- See section I am a partner for more information about ABN Amro Bank and RABO bank.
- The ABN AMRO Bank has a remaining office in Goes. Under the section partners expats find more information how to get online assistance to open a bank account online.