What kind of Insurances?

Liability Insurance
In the Netherlands, many people take out a Liability Insurance. (Aansprakelijkheidsverzekering). This insurance protects a person or entity from claims initiated by another party.

Accident Insurance
The acccident insurance (Ongevallenverzekering) insures against injury or death because of an accident and the additional expenses. This kind of insurance will pay out a lump sum amount if you or a family member becomes permanently disabled, or dies due to an accident.

Household Contents Insurance
In the Netherlands it is common to have a  Household Contents Insurance (Inboedelverzekering), which covers damage to your household goods caused by fire, burglary, explosion, storms, water etc. The sum insured will usually be subject to current market value, so it is important that your insured sum is up-to-date.

Residential Premises Insurance
Expats who have bought a house in the Netherlands are obliged to take out a Residential Premises Insurance. This is a condition to get a mortgage. If you have bought an apartment, the homeowners association should provide the insurance. Otherwise, you have to arrange this insurance yourself.

The owners of furnished rented properties usually pay the Residential Premises Insurance for expats renting a house or apartment, but tenants could still need to take out Household Contents Insurance for their personal possessions (household content). Check this with the owner.

See section I am a partner  for more information

Not the information you were looking for?